Position Details: Roadway Design Engineer
Resource International, Inc. (Rii) is seeking to hire a highly motivated Roadway Design Engineer to join our Transportation Team in our Columbus Headquarters. Rii desires an experienced design engineer with ODOT roadway and drainage design experience. You will work alongside our Senior Transportation Engineers in a collaborative and professional environment to help deliver projects with the high quality our municipal, DOT and private clients have come to expect. The successful candidate will participate on project teams in the development and delivery of designs for transportation projects. These projects will be designed according to established engineering standards and state or federal policies. This position will involve working on multiple projects of moderate scope with complex features.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform and or manage Roadway Engineering and design assignments of a varied nature.
- Conduct and assist with roadway design including geometrics, typical and cross sections, drainage, and maintenance of traffic elements.
- Participate/prepare proposals and bid evaluations.
- Prepare client progress reports.
- Follow established Quality Control procedures on all tasks.
- Prepare plans, estimates, and other deliverables for design transportation projects.
- Review project designs and deliverables for conformity to documented commitments, standards, and for quality assurance.
- Attend and document project meetings with agendas, notes and/or minutes.
- Follow all in-house procedures related to documentation of designs, process flow, filing, etc.
- Become an active member in civic/professional activities, societies and organizations.
- Perform all work in a safe and responsible manner, in accordance with the Health and Safety Plan.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education & Qualifications
- BS in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) license in the State of Ohio and or Indiana (or ability to obtain within 6 months).
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience in transportation projects.
- Proficiency with Bentley MicroStation/Geopak.
- Experience with Bentley OpenRoads Designer, AutoCAD/Civil 3D a plus.
- Experience with design build or other alternative delivery projects a plus.
- Experience with Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) and or Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) standards preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Ability to take initiative on tasks, ownership of work, and actively coordinate with other members of the design team.
- Possess excellent moral character including honesty, integrity, and trustworthiness.
- Ability to check own work for accuracy and completeness and manage time to meet project budget and schedule.
- Ability to work in groups or alone.
- Good communication skills, attentiveness to detail, and multi-tasking ability.
- Willingness to learn new skills and interface with multiple project teams.